Toward Restorative Food Systems
An Integrated State Food Policy Framework for Hawaiʻi
Bring new and existing food policies, strategies and investment recommendations under a common “roof” to focus them on clear and consistent objectives and drive food system change toward measurable goals.
1. Food As a Human Right: Healthy Food for All
2. Social equity & food Justice
3. Food System Reliance
5. Food at the Center of a Circular Economy
An Integrated State Food Policy Framework will help decision-makers understand
- 1. Key food system issues in Hawaii (e.g. household food insecurity, public health, resilience, economic development, etc.).
- 2. Current status (e.g. the rate of household food insecurity).
- 3. Root causes & risk factors (e.g. relationship btw poverty and household food insecurity).