Position Papers, Case Studies, Initiatives and Planning Documents on Food Systems Change: National & International
“A food system is generally understood to be the chain of activities connecting food production, processing, distribution, consumption, and waste management.” The American Planning Association (APA): Food Systems
Image credit: U.S. Department of Agriculture
National & International:
- The American Planning Association (APA): Food Systems
- The American Planning Association (APA) Policy Guide on Community and Regional Food Planning
- Global Alliance for the Future of Food (2020). Systemic Solutions for Healthy Food Systems: A guide to government action.
- Mui, Y., Khojasteh, M., Judelsohn, A., Sirwatka, A., Kelly, S., Gooch, P., & Raja, S. (2020). Planning for Regional Food Equity. Journal of the American Planning Association, 1-16.
- IPES food 2021 | A Long Food Movement: Transforming Food Systems by 2045
- Hodgson, K. (2012). Planning for food access and community-based food systems. US: American Planning Association.
- Eating, F. H. (2008). A Planners Guide to Community and Regional Food Planning.
- Food System Resilience: Johns Hopkins University
- Growing Food Connections: The State of Food Systems Planning in the US.
- Growing Food Connections: Community Food Systems Planning
- Lessons from a Food System Plan: “Our County Did a Lot Right”
- Good Food for All Agenda (2010): Creating a New Regional Food System for Los Angeles
- The Updated Good Food For All Agenda (2017)
- Strengthening Food System Resilience: Johns Hopkins University
- Food Forward NYC: A 10-Year Food Policy Plan
- “Thriving Together” Springboard Report by CDC Foundation and Well Being Trust, with a Deep Dive on Food Systems.
- Reset the Table: Meeting the Moment to Transform the U.S. Food System by the Rockefeller Foundation.
- The C40 Knowledge Hub: Strategies Toward Sustainable Food Systems
- Bringing the Good Food Purchasing Program to New York City: Barriers and Facilitators for Select Institutions by CUNY Graduate School of Public Health & Health Policy, CUNY Urban Food Policy Institute (2019)
- Berkeley Food Institute: Food Policy
- USDA AMS: Seeds of Success: Digging into the Farmers Market and Local Food Promotion Programs
- Initiative for Food and AgriCultural Transformation (InFACT): The Ohio State University
- Center for Food Systems and Community Transformation: Virginia Tech
- The Berkeley Food Institute
- Michigan State University Center for Regional Food Systems
- Michigan Good Food Charter